Sandpoint problems

Greg Watson gwatson at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 17 03:42:35 EST 2004

The sandpoint has at least two (sometimes three) flash parts. The one
containing DINK is on the PCI bus on the motherboard. One or two other
flash parts are on the PrMC card connected to the local memory bus. It
is normal to leave DINK alone and program one of the other flash parts
with an alternate boot loader. There are a series of dip switches that
switch between programming and booting from the various flash parts.
Unfortunately the documentation for the switch positions is very
confusing and unless you get it exactly right the board will not boot.
The best document I've found describing this is Application Note AN2487
"Configuring Motorola PrMC Cards". You can get this from the Motorola
web site.

Greg