Linux on MPC5200 - LITE5200EVAL

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 11 21:14:55 EST 2004

In message <1076491141.4841.6.camel at nios> you wrote:

> I followed these instructions and it all worked out fine (left out the
> examples directory of U boot though) , but after the reboot in lowboot
> jumper configuration, i only see garbage on my minicom screen. I can
> figure out some characters that look familiar (like the countdown for
> the autostart) so I assume it's working correctly but doesn't get
> displayed right. I also can't interrupt the countdown so input doesn't
> work. Already tried to change the 115200 8N1 settings of the
> communications (but why would they change anyway..) and didn't help.

You are using the latest U-Boot (= top of CVS), aren't you?  If  not:
try  it  out.  There  were  some  rounding  errors  in  the  baudrate
calculation.

Best regards,

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra