Announcement: MPHY now supported inmpc860sar

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoransto at dkts.co.yu
Tue Feb 10 18:32:56 EST 2004

Antonio,

Thank you for your reply... Just In Time... I needed somebody to verify
my thoughts. :)

For the future users... Few thoughts...

About I/Os...
Just to recap few things about MPC8250 ATM driver... Under
CONFIG_ATM_VADS there are port A, C and D pin definitions, relevant for
Utopia L2 interface (I think, file is utopia.c) ... So these must be
carefully considered, when connecting with the PHY... The best is to use
generic VADS phy. FCC1 is used, and port pins are set for 8 bit Utopia
I/F, although remaining 8 bits Utopia remains set, I cleared them.

The additional things to consider is which BRG to use as internal, and
which as external. You might need to redefine BRG accordingly!

Regards,
Zoran