PCMCIA modem card is not responding

Prabhakar Kalasani kalasani at sena.com
Tue Feb 10 15:47:21 EST 2004

Wolfgang,

We have got the kernel from MontaVista (linux-2.4.2_hhl20) , I think it
might be a modified kernel source.
I could run some other card called "Billiontin 56 KBPS FAX/MODEM card" for
same kernel and same Target board.
I'm getting problem with this specific card(3CXM556 Megahertz Cellular Modem
PC Card) only.
My card is detected by the kernel and kernel could assign irq 9. The problem
is when I send modem string through Minicom it's not responging.

what could be the problem ?

Best regards,
Prabhakar