PCMCIA modem card is not responding

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 10 04:45:19 EST 2004

In message <NCEHKHHDAHEBBGFMCFHCEEHPCAAA.kalasani at sena.com> you wrote:

> I'm working with MPC855T Processor based target board, I'm trying to support
> 3CXM556 Megahertz Cellular Modem PC Card , I could able to detetect the card
> like...
> But I couldn't communicate with the card, If i send Modem string from
> Minicom I'm not getting any responce from the target , Do i need to change
> anything related to MPC855T .

This will not work with unmodified kernel sources; for the modem  you
need  the standard serial driver which cannot coexist with the MPC8xx
serial driver (they use the same major numbers).

We implemented this some time ago; see the linux-2.4  module  on  our
CVS server and search "drivers/char/serial.c" for "MPC8xx_UART".

Best regards,

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.
                              - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_