simple bootloader vs 2.6.10-rc3 for 8xx vs I2C based EEPROM !!!

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Dec 24 10:13:07 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 05:21:46PM -0500, Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would below (from Dan Malek) explain why on my 8xx board with I2C EEPROM
> (which ptobably does not work on 2.6.10-rc3) the simple bootloader fails to
> load the kernel ?

If the board you've selected does not have any meaningful functions in
embed_config.c, yes, it probably would.  If this is a custom board, or
something not otherwise supported by the standard kernel, it sounds like
some other parts of your 2.4 code, under arch/ppc/boot/ have not been
ported over yet.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/