i2c on mpc5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 21 08:02:21 EST 2004

In message <41C72733.9030300 at asist-traffic.com> you wrote:

> module I would like to have I2C support working in my kernel.
> I tried with v various 2.4 kernels but I only had some success with a
> kernel
> form metrowerks which I got from a colleague. This is it's output.

It works fine with the 2.4.x kernel on our CVS server.

> i2c-core.o: i2c core module
> i2c-dev.o: i2c /dev entries driver module
> i2c-core.o: driver i2c-dev dummy driver registered.
> i2c-algo-bit.o: i2c bit algorithm module
> i2c-proc.o version 2.6.1 (20010825)
> devfs_register(ttyS): could not append to parent, err: -17
> devfs_register(ttyS): could not append to parent, err: -17
> devfs_register(cua): could not append to parent, err: -17
> devfs_register(cua): could not append to parent, err: -17

Did you try NOT using devfs?

> Also if anyone has already succeeded in supporting i2c for mpc5200 I
> would love
> to hear your experience.

We did, in 2.4, where it works OK, at least as long as  the  hardware
is OK (some of the earlier Icecube boards had some issues).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The ultimate barrier is one's viewpoint.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_