Initialization of Timer Clock on the MPC8260

annamaya annamaya at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 02:56:37 EST 2004

OK Wolfgang. Noone has posted an answer to this
question in the U-Boot mailing list. So, I still need
help with this. :-)

I am looking at the support for one of your own
boards, the TQM8260. I dont see PC25, PC27 and PC26
being configured anywhere. And PC29 is configured as
an SCC1 CLSN signal. Therefore, I think the internal
BRGCLK is used as an input to the timerclk. Now, if
this was true, BRGC1 should have been programmed to
generate either 4MHz or 32KHz clock. But I dont see
this being done anywhere else in the code. I am
missing something and I am not sure what that is.

Thanks much for your help.