440GX MMU

Kumar Gala kumar.gala at freescale.com
Tue Dec 7 05:39:49 EST 2004

The TS provides an additional bit of address space on Book-E processors
(440, e500, etc).  An exception automatically clears the MSR[IS, DS]
fields which are used to compare against the TLB's TS field.

It was the case at one point in time (may still be) that on 440, the
interrupt context was TS = 0, everything else was TS = 1.  Matt was
going to (or may have) changed it so everything is TS = 0 so we could
save a few TLB entries.

- kumar