[RFC] Remove G2_LE core decl from CLASSIC_PPC part of arch/ppc/kernel/cputable.c

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Sat Aug 28 01:00:59 EST 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 7:34 AM, Andrey Volkov wrote:

> Since G2_LE is NOT a "classic" core ( in particular - true
> little-endian),

How is it not a classic core?  It certainly isn't bookE, and it isn't
8xx.
No one should care about little-endian anyway.  I'm voting for the
first candidate that makes that illegal. :-)

> With that move we'll conserve some memory of kernel,

How does this single change save anything but a few bytes of
cpu table?

> but need some explanations which PPCs based on
> it, for modify Kconfig ( I know MPC52xx and MPC82xx based on it).

What other kernel changes would you make based on
this configuration?

	-- Dan