Kernel oops when initializing ethernet driver

Patrick Huesmann tricknology at gmx.de
Sat Aug 28 00:04:07 EST 2004

Hi,

> > I don't even know if we have the VHDL source - the peripherals are
> > ready-to-go logic units that are just inserted in the FPGA design.
> >
> Do you use EDK to build your design?

Yes.

> Is the physical address in your log the one you expect?

Yes.

Apparently, the hardware guy disabled the ethernet controller's "S/W reset"
option in the EDK. This explains why the PPC got no ACK from OPB when
writing to the reset register, and threw the data check exception. I hope
that this problem is solved, when we enable that option.

Thanks again to all who replied,
Patrick