Cramfs Limitations

Song Sam samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Aug 27 11:35:50 EST 2004

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote£º

> > INIT: can't open(/etc/ioctl.save,O_WRONLY):Permission denied!
> >
> > What's on earth with it?Could 2_4_devel or 2.6 fix it?
>
> Are you really surprised that opening a file for writing fails on a
> read-only filesystem???

So only for this reason, I cannot choose Cramfs for my
application deployment??? Then I have nearly no other
choice but use JFFS2 for deployment, which performance
couldn't compare with RAMDISK.It's a pity that RAMDISK
cannot update some info permanently. EXT2 seems not a
good idea for FLASH. I really feel puzzled with my
30MB application code deployment.

Thanks very much for your input!

Sam