m8xx hang in reboot

Mark S. Mathews mark at linux-wlan.com
Thu Aug 26 06:22:00 EST 2004

Hey Folks,

I've got an mpc850 based setup running 2.4.27 that, under certain
circumstances, hangs in the the m8xx_restart() function (instead of
rebooting) when I issue the usermode reboot cmd.

I've traced all through the path and confirmed that yes, it is hanging in
this function.  ;-)

I'm still looking over the databook and what this code does.  Just figured
I'd ask around and see if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Thanks,
-Mark

--

Mark S. Mathews

AbsoluteValue Systems      Web:    http://www.linux-wlan.com
721-D North Drive          e-mail: mark at linux-wlan.com
Melbourne, FL 32934        Phone:  321.259.0737
USA                        Fax:    321.259.0286