MPC8560 util.S compilation error with E500 core support

Gérard Guével gguevel at interfaceconcept.com
Wed Aug 25 02:36:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I first download a 2.6.7 Linux kernel to port it to a custom 8560 board.
The ./arch/ppc/boot/common/util.S compiles fine.

Then I download a 2.6.8 kernel. The same file util.S does not
compile any more because of "mtsrin" instruction not found with E500.

Between the 2 kernels, the -me500 option is distributed all over the
./arch/ppc directory. So the ./arch/ppc/boot is compiled with this option
and fails.

What is the right solution ?
Compile the boot whitout -me500 option or change util.S code ?

Thanks for any idea.
Gérard Guével