405GPr PCI target/host

Steven Blakeslee BlakesleeS at embeddedplanet.com
Fri Aug 20 04:28:00 EST 2004

I am trying to get an IBM 405GPr processor to work as a target/host on a PCI
bus.  A PCI target can temporarily become a host on the PCI bus. Basically
this means it needs to do everything the host currently does except
assigning PCI memory space, the dedicated host is responsible for this.

I saw a message concerning this on Tue 12/23/2003 4:20 PM, the questions was
for "MPC7447(Dual CPU) + MV64360 based Processor PMC boards"  I only saw one
response to this and it did not seem to be correct.

I was wondering if anyone has done something like this, not necessarily with
a 405, any processor experience will do.  I appreciate any help or advice.