[Linux-ATM-General] Fw: MPHY supported in mpc8260sar

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoransto at dkts.co.yu
Wed Aug 18 18:36:54 EST 2004

I guess, lower 16 PHYs. With some enhancement to the driver it
could reach 32 (additions for the upper 16 PHY lookup table).

The limitation is that there is still only one VP (0) and 64 VCs
available without any change to the driver's code.

I guess, if used for aDSL, 16 PHYs will be the maximum
number of supported PHYs, because of BW limitations. Do not
forget that UTOPIA can support 155 Mbps... but this is in the
ideal case, where there is single PHY0 with single priority 0
used.

I guess (not sure yet) if you would like to support 16 aDSL
PHYs, there will be theoretically no more than 1.5 Mbps per
PHY BW achievement (PHYs 0, 1, 2 and 3 excluded from
this, they have HW 0 cell insertion mechanismus, so they are
able to achieve much faster output). Just assumption.

Regards,
Zoran