Watchdog timer reset

Eli Brin eli.brin at rokonet.co.il
Fri Aug 13 00:11:18 EST 2004

Dear Wolfgang,

>Yes, printk() can block the kernel for a long  time.  Try  increasing
>the  console  baudrate,  and  or not using output to a serial port at
>all.

My console baudrate is 115,200.

I will modify the code and use syslog, and then I will be able to redirect
the logging to the syslogd on my Linux PC.  I hope no blocking there.

Regarding the MMU, if I can replace copy_from_user with memcpy, then the
kernel address space is the same as the users, or I'm wrong?

Best regards,
Eli Brin

> But, strangely, if I don't do any printk() and printf() no resets.
>
> Can the printing to console from kernel/user "block" the kernel for so
long?

Yes, printk() can block the kernel for a long  time.  Try  increasing
the  console  baudrate,  and  or not using output to a serial port at
all.

> Where is the MMU support?

What do you mean?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
It is dangerous to be right on a subject  on  which  the  established
authorities are wrong.                                    -- Voltaire