How to remove JFFS2 'Making dirty' display on RPXlite DW?

Song Sam samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Aug 7 17:39:04 EST 2004

David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote£º
> > After unpacking SELF,I use the following command to create a jffs2
> > filesystem:
> >
> > eraseall /dev/mtd3
> >
> > mkfs.jffs2 -r /tmp/tmp -e 0x10000 -o image.jffs2 -b
>
> Looks like you should have said '-e 256KiB' or '-e 0x40000' instead.

After taking your advice,the JFFS2 complaint
disappeared.The command I tested is as follows,it
worked fine:

eraseall /dev/mtd3

mkfs.jffs2 -r /tmp/tmp -e 0x40000 -o /dev/mtd3 -b

Thanks for you all.

Next,I will take Wolfgang's advice on decreasing boot
time to create an ext2+mini_fo filesystem based on MTD
 to get a faster boot process.By now the boot time of
my target is 18-20
seconds(48MHZ[CORE]+24MHZ[BUS]+uncompressed
kernel+JFFS2).

Best regards,

Sam