Init hangs

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Aug 6 23:49:22 EST 2004

On Aug 6, 2004, at 9:14 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> thanks for that tidbit.

Trivia time.  The reason I did that many years ago when first ported
the 8xx
was I had only 6xx tools and libraries available.  Even though you don't
have any floating point in your program, things like initialization,
set/longjmp,
signals and so on would assume an FPU was available.  So, I just
trapped those few FP load/store instructions.  Later on, I did the whole
math emulation thing.  Of course, today the best solution is a
development
kit specific to the 8xx that has applications and libraries already
properly
compiled.  Without math emulation enabled, you still get those few
trivial traps emulated.

	-- Dan