rpx8260_defconfig problems

Jeff Angielski jeff at theptrgroup.com
Thu Aug 5 05:17:06 EST 2004

Doing a bk pull on the latest linuxppc-2.4 says that as of July 2004,
support for the Embedded Planet EP8260 was working.  However, using the
default rpx8260_defconfig will not work on my board.

I get no output on my serial console.  When I look at the log_buf using
the BDI, the last message I see is "Warning: real time clock seems
stuck".

If I trace through the instructions using the BDI, I see the kernel in
the time related functions - timer_interrupt(), do_timer(),
update_process_times(), etc.  Not sure what that means yet but it's more
to chew on.

Incidentally, I went back and tried booting Linux with the PlanetCore
bootloader that came with the board.  It had the same problem so I am
hesitant to blame the problem on my version of u-boot.

So my questions are:

1) Does anybody else have the EP8260 working with their linux?

2) If so, which kernel are you using?  linuxppc-2.4?  Denx
linuxppc_2_4_devel?  kernel.org?

Thanks,
Jeff Angielski