DOC2000 unstable problem!!!

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Apr 30 01:36:24 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 21:03 +0800, leo wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am porting linux to my MPC852 board, and linux now can runs ok, but it
> seems that the DOC2000 is unstable! My system config as follows:
>
> MCU: MPC852T 80M
> SDRAM: 32MB
> FLASH: 2MB
> DOC2000: 32MB
>
> I make a EXT2 file system on DOC2000, but sometimes, turn off the
> board's power when linux is running, and then turn on the power, the
> linux can't mount the root filesystem!
>
> Could you give me some advices? And I want know between the NAND flash
> and DOC, which is the better selection?

The DiskOnChip _is_ NAND flash. It's just typically used with its own
'translation layer' which pretends to be a block device.

If you're willing to put a small amount of effort into completing the
bad-block-table support in the new DiskOnChip driver which uses the
generic NAND code, you can use JFFS2 on it.

--
dwmw2