more SystemACE problems

Sharad Gupta sharad at buckeye.ece.drexel.edu
Tue Apr 20 09:07:18 EST 2004

Jeff Angielski wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:06, Sharad Gupta wrote:
> I would suggest instrumenting the code in the driver that actually
> handles the block request from the kernel.  For instance, is the request
> being received by the xsa_thread?  Is the driver actually making a
> request to the device.  And most importantly and where I suspect your
> problem lies, is the xsa_complete_request() ever getting run?
>
> Jeff Angielski
> The PTR Group

Hi Jeff,

Thanks very much for your help. I have enabled the interrupts for
SystemACE now. And in fact xsa_complete_request() was never called. I
fixed that in xsa_thread.

I was wondering if you could send in your modifications to the
xilinx_systemace/* files so that I can know better where else the
potential problems may lie.

Do I need to have a device entry for xsystemacea (0/1) in my /dev
directory ? If yes, then what should it be like ?

Thanks
Sharad.