System ACE MPU interface to CF card

Jeff Angielski jangiels at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 20 04:38:32 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:06, Sharad Gupta wrote:
> I do not enable interrupts between SystemACE and the CPU.

Doh.  It is in your best interest to get the interrupts working...

> Following the
> debug cycle:
>
> xsysace_init()
> ->register_disk()
> -->grok_partitions()
> --->check_partition()
> ---->msdos_partition()
> ----->read_dev_sector()
> ------>read_cache_page()
> ------->lock_page()
> -------->__lock_page()
> --------->schedule()
>
> And it never resumes after that. The code just goes to power_save mode.
> Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest instrumenting the code in the driver that actually
handles the block request from the kernel.  For instance, is the request
being received by the xsa_thread?  Is the driver actually making a
request to the device.  And most importantly and where I suspect your
problem lies, is the xsa_complete_request() ever getting run?

Jeff Angielski
The PTR Group