Patch Preview for MVME2100

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Apr 6 04:30:52 EST 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 08:06:28PM +0200, Oliver Korpilla wrote:

> - The stuff in arch/ppc/boot/mvme2100 can go.
>
> Figured that out today, too. It won't compile anyway. Thanks.
>
> >- The open_pic.c change shouldn't be needed either.
>
> Maybe the CONFIG_EPIC_SERIAL_MODE should be set, shouldn't it? Will add
> it tomorrow. Should I add that cascade hookup stuff even if there is no
> cascaded 8259?

You don't need to call openpic_hookup_cascade, if there is no cascade.
You only want to set EPIC_SERIAL_MODE if the controller really is in
serial mode.

> >- Your openpic_initsenses table looks wrong, and is probably the cause
> > of the uart slowness you found.  What you do is only list the IRQs for
> > which you have something, and use openpic_set_sources calls to skip
> > over the gaps.  Look at lopec_init_IRQ and ask if you still have
> > problems.  I hoped to have documented that one well the first time
> > around. :)
> >

> There is one problem - in the LoPEC manual all interrupts are documented
> - even if marked unused (I refer to polarity and level/edge). In the
> MVME2100 information about that interrupts is N/A. So should I leave
> those to 0 still in the initsenses struct?

No.  The '0's are wrong.  You only need to describe, in terms of
level/edge, documented interrupts.  You then make multiple calls to
openpic_set_sources(), to skip over the non-existant interrupts.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/