Need help booting linux on IBM 405EP eval board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 3 04:51:02 EST 2004

In message <1866383.1080909296@[192.168.0.230]> you wrote:

> I sent a message like this to the U-Boot mailing list last night. I've been

And you have received replies thaty pointed to the problem.

> I'm aware that the denx.de site has a FAQ which appears to address this issue:
> <http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel>
>
> However, the structure mentioned there (bd_info) doesn't even seem to apply
> for a 405EP-based board. The ppcboot.h file isn't included by the files
> used when building a 405EP kernel for the 405EP evaluation board.

OK. You found the problem: The ppcboot.h file isn't  included.  Seems
you  must  adapt  your  board for use with U-Boot. See the FAQ quoted
above.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Data is a lot like humans: It is  born.  Matures.  Gets  married  to
other  data, divorced. Gets old. One thing that it doesn't do is die.
It has to be killed."                                 - Arthur Miller