Problems w/ CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MPC8xx_IDE

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Sep 18 01:08:45 EST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:42:37AM +0200, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Tom,
>
> >>I just noticed that I might have used the wrong source tree.
> >>
> >>So which is the BK tree to use:
> >>
> >>linuxppc_2_4_devel or linuxppc-2.4 ???
> >

> >It depends on where what you want to use exists.  If something is in
> >_devel and not in linuxppc-2.4, patches to move features over one at a
> >time would be happily reviewed.
>
> ???
> So which is the most recent?

Aside from possible changes to match upstream subsystem rewrites (such
as IDE) there hasn't been any changes in linuxppc-2.4 specific to 8xx
that didn't happen in 2_4_devel.

> http://www.penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml calls linuxppc_2_4_devel the
> "old PPC development tree" !?

That's correct.  It's becoming more of a pain to maintain or own set of
trees to track 2.4 when Marcelo uses BK as well.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/