atm8260-1.0.1

w.n. jacobs willy.jacobs at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue Sep 16 23:08:43 EST 2003

Nishen Brijraj writes:
 > Hello all.
 >
 > I am using the mpc8260ads board running the 2.4.4 kernel and the phy is
 > also the pm5350.

You also need to set the kernel configuation variable:
CONFIG_ATM_VADS=y

and extend the Makefile with vads_phy.o:
obj-$(CONFIG_UTOPIA)	+= mpc8260sar.o mpc8260sar_detect.o intpool.o mpool.o \
			   risctimer.o mm.o cpmtimer.o utopia.o debug.o \
			   mpc8260iop.o vads_phy.o

 > In reference to the message below, why can't you use the code as a
 > loadable module?  I have tried it this way, and it does eventually
 > compile and insert, although it doesn't do much else at the moment.

Allocation and de-allocation of buffer descriptors and other buffers in
dual-port memory might give problems.

 > I have also tried to compile the code into the kernel, but that is
 > proving to be more difficult than just doing what you stated below.
 > There are a whole lot of undefined reference errors.

Such as? I compiled it without problems (but without vads_phy.o).

--
willy