atm8260-1.0.1

Nishen Brijraj Nishen.Brijraj at za.flextronics.com
Tue Sep 16 22:04:56 EST 2003

Hello all.

I am using the mpc8260ads board running the 2.4.4 kernel and the phy is
also the pm5350.

In reference to the message below, why can't you use the code as a
loadable module?  I have tried it this way, and it does eventually
compile and insert, although it doesn't do much else at the moment.

I have also tried to compile the code into the kernel, but that is
proving to be more difficult than just doing what you stated below.
There are a whole lot of undefined reference errors.

By the way, the module_init() is in the file mpc8260sar_detect.c.

Please let me know why you say that it must be compiled into kernel, and
also any other steps or defines that I may need.

You also don't make any mention of the suni/phy code below. How should
that be compiled in or included?

Thank you.