MPC8245 supported in Linux kernel (devel tree from DENX)?

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Thu Sep 11 04:14:11 EST 2003

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>Dear Kate,
>
>in message <3F5EE616.2070305 at iti.fi> you wrote:
>

>>How about internal PCI bridge support for 8xxx series ? I have tried
>>

>Supported and working on several boards.

Careful, 824x PCI != 826x/etc. PCI.

>>found it for
>>826x/825x/8270 QUCC-II but it seems that there is just promises around
>>but i have not
>>even found souce of development/alpha version.
>>

>You must have missed it. See for example the configurations  for  the
>"ATC" or "PM825" boards (both with MPC8250) in our kernel tree.

The 824x uses mpc10x_common code.  The 824x series are NOT PowerQUICC,
they are basically 603e core + MPC107 hostbridge.  For PowerQUICC
embedded processors with a PCI bridge (e.g., 8266), you can look at the
mpc8266ads stuff by Andy Lowe.

This code is in the public linuxppc_2_4_devel tree.

Mark