Compiling Kernel 2.6 for ppc32

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 11 02:54:26 EST 2003

In message <000001c377b5$d341b2f0$0f21258d at fhkonstanz.de> you wrote:

> *** 2.6 kernels no longer buildcorrectly with old versions of binutils.
> *** Please upgrade your binutils to 2.12.1 or newer
>
> Will be there a new release in the next time?

We're working on a new (YD-3.0 based) release. But I don't think that
we will release it before October. [Helloween  is  a  nice  date  for
releases :-)]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own  elite,  its  own
aristocracy based on excellence of performance. - James Bryant Conant