Compiling Kernel 2.6 for ppc32

André Lämmer alaemmer at fh-konstanz.de
Thu Sep 11 02:08:51 EST 2003

http://www.denx.de/. I am
> not able to make the kernel, because I get the following error.
>
> In file included from include/asm/system.h:8,
>                  from include/linux/list.h:8,
>                  from include/linux/signal.h:4,
>                  from arch/ppc/kernel/asm-offsets.c:12:
> include/linux/kernel.h:10: stdarg.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
> gefunden In file included from include/asm/system.h:8,
>
> In the top level Makefile, change the line
> kbuild_2_4_nostdinc     := -nostdinc -iwithprefix include
> into:
> kbuild_2_4_nostdinc     := -nostdinc $(shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs
| \
				sed -ne 's/install: \(.*\)/-I
\1include/gp')

Now I tried kernel 2.6 test5 and changed the following option:
NOSTDINC_FLAGS  =-nostdinc $(shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs | \
                 sed -ne 's/install: \(.*\)/-I \1include/gp')

The compilation continues but the binutiles of ELDK 2.1 are to old.

*** 2.6 kernels no longer buildcorrectly with old versions of binutils.
*** Please upgrade your binutils to 2.12.1 or newer

Will be there a new release in the next time?

André