Problems bring up NFS mount on MPC8270 board

Joe Birch jbirch at mangrovesystems.com
Fri Oct 24 11:15:23 EST 2003

Hello

I am trying to bring up the kernel on custom hardware based on the
MPC8270.

I've ported the LSP from Embedded Planet EP8260. I am using u-boot 4.0

After doing NFS mount of FS, I usually get these message on the console:

INIT: version 2.78 bootimory: 56k init.
INIT: Entering runlevel:
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Console locks but I can ping the board successfully

Sometimes get passed this and get:

INIT: version 2.78 bootimory: 56k init.
Activating swap...
Checking all file systems...
Parallelizing fsck version 1.22 (22-Jun-2001)
Calculating module dependencies...

And then the target stops (crashes)

I have checked SDRAM memory (U-boot post) and its OK.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Joe