PCI on MPC8265

Tamas Bara tba at mixed-mode.de
Tue Oct 21 21:18:55 EST 2003

Hi,

I´m running Linux 2.4.4 on a TQM8260 board with
an MPC8265 on it and an Ethernet controller on
the PCI Bus.

When Linux scans the PCI Bus it detects the
controller multiple times. I could change the for
loop to devfn < 9 since I only got the internal
host bridge and the controller on the bus:

/* Go find them, Rover! */
for (devfn = 0; devfn < 0x100; devfn += 8) {
	dev0.devfn = devfn;
	pci_scan_slot(&dev0);
}

This works, but I don´t want to change the kernel.
So I´m looking for a different solution.

How does the kernel know that it already detected
a device before?

Thanks