Doing floating point calculations in kernel space

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Oct 17 22:22:05 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 04:06, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> [...]

A long time ago (circa 1995, when I first started the Linux/PPC
port), Motorola volunteered a very fast floating point library.  I
tested it (in user applications) and found the results to be quite good.
There was never any impetuous to try and put this in the kernel, but
it should work OK.  The [more immediate] problem might be licensing
issues, as IIRC, they didn't want the sources to be public.

Maybe there are some Motorola "lurkers" who could comment.

--
Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates