Doing floating point calculations in kernel space

Wolfgang Grandegger wolfgang.grandegger at bluewin.ch
Fri Oct 17 20:06:52 EST 2003

Unfortunately, this soft-float implementation from GCC is very
very slow :-(. I'm just doing some benchmarking with soft-float
on IBM 405 and compare the result with the soft-float library
provided by VxWorks. And a simple add (__adddf3) is approx. 5
times faster on VxWorks. And a look to the assembler code makes
clear why. Has anybody else on this list made similar experience
or it there a better free implementation? Has this been improved
in GCC >= 3.2.

Thanks.

Wolfgang.

Wolfgang