Patch fec.c

Gerhard TAEUBL Gerhard.TAEUBL at frequentis.com
Wed Oct 15 16:58:43 EST 2003

Hi!

I found following message:
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200305/msg00255.html

There Jean-Denis states:

2 - Or, the worst, in function mdio_read called through the ioctl,
which would hang the calling process.

We have an MPC860T custom board and uses DENX kernel 2.4.4.
In our project we use also a second ethernet pcmcia card, and we have to bound both ethernet cards as backup medium. We updsate the bounding.c file and compile it as module. It works, but if we enable the mii check on the bounding module the kernel crash. Our hardware has an hardware watchdog, so it resets within one second.

Does anyone have any idea how to patch the code to prevent this 'failure'?

best regards
Gerhard