cfi probe for two different flash devices

J.Murali j.murali at gdatech.co.in
Mon Oct 6 16:20:53 EST 2003

hi all,

i am working on a custom board(Redwood6) using IBM ppc 405. I am using
the Montavista's kernel 2.4.17. We have one AMD flash of 4 MB and one
Intel flash of 16 MB on our board. There are 4 mtd partitions are in AMD
and Intel flash is used as storage space of 5 mtd partition.

AMD partitions
-----------------
1. Bootparams
2. Bootldr
3. kernel
4. Filesystem1

Intel partition
5. Filesystem2

In the CFI probe, the kernel detects only one flash either AMD or INTEL
(Which address we specify as window address). What i have to to do for
cfi to detect both flash devices.

Any suggestions are appreciated