montavista gcc3.2.1 and USB hotplug (405GP platform)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 3 16:49:38 EST 2003

Philippe Villet wrote:
> We were compiling Montavista 2.4.18 linuk kernel for our own platform
> based on IBM405GP and a PIIX4 South Bridge.
> Support for usbcore, usb-uhci and hid (keyboard an mouse support) is set
> in the kernel and it works fine when we compile this kernel with
> gcc 2.95. Now compiling exactely the same kernel tree with gcc 3.2.1; It
> doesn't work any more;

I'm not an expert, but I play one on the web.  Here are
a couple ideas that may or may not resemble actual good ideas:
1. reduce the optimization from -O2 to -O1 when building the kernel
2. try gcc-3.3.1.  Can't hurt, and who knows, maybe it'll help.
You can build it yourself fairly easily; see http://kegel.com/crosstool
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel