Preemptive Kernel and MPC8xx ???

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Thu Nov 27 02:08:13 EST 2003

Rob Love wrote me:

 >>Is it correct that your lock-break does basicly the same as Andrew Morton's
 >>low-latency patches? Where is the big difference?
 >
 > Yes, basically the same thing.  Lock-break is a version of low-latency
 > that is "optimized" for use with the preemptive kernel.
 >
 > You might as well just use low-latency, as Andrew is keeping that more
 > up to date.

And that's what I noticed when looking and the download pages...

That leaves three options:

 > 	(a) Use only preempt-kernel
 > 	(b) Use only low-latency
 > 	(c) Use preempt-kernel + low-latency

Right?

--
Steven Scholz

imc Measurement & Control               imc Meßsysteme GmbH
Voltastr. 5                             Voltastr. 5
13355 Berlin                            13355 Berlin
Germany                                 Deutschland
fon: +49 30 467090-0                    Tel: 030 / 467090-0
fax: +49 30 4631576                     fax: 030 / 4631576