EST sbc8260 boot debug

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 8 09:25:10 EST 2003

In message <8039970AF146314597457D3B51A68B382E042D at cossmgmbx02.email.corp.tld> you wrote:

> Wolfgang is sleeping right now so I'll try to recreate his standard response...

Ooops?? Seems some parts of my body are actually quite  active  while
I'm asleeep :-)

I would have replied to this message, too, but it did not arrive here
yet.

But thanks for the nice summary.

I have just one question: why did you  not  simply  use  the  PPCboot
configuration  as  is?  It has been tested and is running fine on the
sbc8260 board _without_ modifications.

> > Is there any problem with my procdure?

Yes. You are meddeling with code which you'd better not touch.

> > PS: there is much switchs and JPs on the board, can anyone give an
> > proper setting for them under ppcboot environment?

Use the default settings.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A metaphor is like a simile.