BSP for ppc750

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Nov 8 00:56:16 EST 2003

In message <00c101c3a535$638ab3f0$0100a8c0 at rnd> you wrote:

> Any clues on differences b/w ppc750 and mpc750. I have a PPC750 board but a
> MPC750 BSP, could I use this BSP

As the name BSP (= BOARD support package) suggests a BSP  deals  with
the special features of a board, not with a specific processor model.
You  cannot  use  a  BSP  for  one  board on another, different board
without  making  certain  modifications  (a  process   often   called
"porting")  -  no  matter  if the two bards use the same processor or
not. [Well, it may be easier if both use the same CPU.]

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue."    - Eric Pepke