Semi hosting with BDI2000 BDM ?

Milton D. Miller II miltonm at realtime.net
Wed May 21 14:34:24 EST 2003

If you are looking for a driver to take printf and send it to either
a memory buffer or some other channel to the host, then you might
consider starting with drivers/char/hvc_console.c ... It is a full
linux console driver that gets input and output via polling call
with timer callbacks for normal tty traffic.   The driver calls
two functions (one read, one write), write sinks 0 or upto 16
characters, and read returns 0-16 characters.

I have been using this driver hooked up to a large linear buffer for
write and "if a location is non-zero send 1 byte" for read for a
system where I have alternate access to the memory.  To read the
console just dump the memory, to write I have a script to put one
character and then wait 1/HZ seconds, then write the location again.

milton