perl under eldk for ppc8xx

Mark Hatle fray at mvista.com
Wed May 21 02:13:00 EST 2003

If you are going to be building perl, you really need to do it "self-hosted",
unless you are prepared to do significant modification to the perl build system.
  Perl insists on being self-hosted compiled, it generates dynamic signal lists
and other structures based on the machine performing the compile, obviously that
doesn't work right in a cross compile situation.

--Mark