Semi hosting with BDI2000 BDM ?

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Tue May 20 08:57:22 EST 2003

Greetings

Having worked on ARM CPUs for several years where a semi-hosting mode is available
for debugging, I'm wondering if something similar is available using a BDI2000 on a
MPC8xx target.

What I'm looking to do is put together a suite of tests that don't rely on the
serial port to get the results out - in fact one of the tests is to check the serial
port!!

Anyone used or have sample code for a 'printf' implementation that appears on the
debug host rather on a serial line/LCD output etc?

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer              Phone: (64)(3) 358 ????
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand