Problems with MMU: address translation for 0xXXXXXXXX failed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 15 10:23:22 EST 2003

In message <DEA23DB61B62D4118B5900508B323B84012CC7D8 at OPENMAIL> you wrote:

> I'm happy to pay a hardware maintenenace contract for if the hardware breaks
> down but if the product I bought initially contains a defect in manufacture
> then I see no reason to have to pay for this fault. The defect in this case
> is buggy firmware.

You may be wrong again.

Are you absolutely sure that it's  a  bug  in  the  firmware?  Please
consider  the possibility that the firware was designed for a version
of the Linux kernel which showed a  different  behaviour.  You  might
want  to  check  when  the PTBASE support first appeared in the Linux
kernel and relate this to BDI2000 firmware releases.

> > You stated that you received the software "from a  friend".  This  is
> > not  exactly  the  same  as  receiving  an  official update from your
> > distributor.
>
> Not it is not the same, however both statements can be true with no
> contradiction.

Let's put it straight: either you (or  your  company)  payed  for  an
extension  of  your  software  support,  or  your  copy of the bdiGDB
software version 1.12 is illegal. Period.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
enlightened him with ours.