Problems with MMU: address translation for 0xXXXXXXXX failed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 15 09:45:57 EST 2003

In message <DEA23DB61B62D4118B5900508B323B84012CC7D6 at OPENMAIL> you wrote:
> > Tell your friend that he did something illegal, and be aware that you
> > are now using pirated software.
>
> No! Hang on a minute. I object to your accusations of me being a pirate.

I don't accuse, I just tell you.

> There is absolutely nothing anywhere that would indicate that upgrading the
> firmware is illegal. There are no EULA's in the software or any mention of
> this in any manuals and I can find nothing on the web-site. There is nothing
> that I have to "click" to agree with when installing new firmware. The
> firmware is distributed with no accompanying restrictions.

To get access to the firmware which comes on a floppy disk  you  have
to open the plastic bag thereby destroying a sticker that reads:

	License Agreement

        Against payment of a license fee the client receives the
        usage license for this software product which is not
        exclusive, cannot be transferred ...

I am not a lawyer, but this is pretty clear text, isn't it?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Please keep your hands off the secretary's reproducing equipment.