ELDK build.sh seg faults

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 15 08:50:00 EST 2003

In message <1052950722.22337.24.camel at corona> you wrote:
> Trying to build the ELDK from the CVS repository, I continually get a
> seg fault when build_package() is called in the build.sh script.  I'm
> running bash version -

Which version of (native_ RPM is running on your system?

> Suddenly, this is a problem for me.  It was building from CVS for me a
> couple months ago and I'm thinking some "upgrade" to my RH7.2 distro has
> caused something bad to happen but it doesn't seem to work for me on my
> HH8.0 guy either.  Investigating...

"HH8.0" probably means RedHat Linux 8.0 ?

Be careful; RH 8.0 comes with rpm-4.1 while the LDK build environment
has been tested only with rpm-4.0 (as used in RH-7.1, 7.2 and 7.3).

> Anyone have any immediate ideas what could be the problem??

I am aware of some build problems under RH 8.0 and 9, as well  as  on
more  recent versions of SuSE etc. However, for maximum compatibility
we build on a RH-7.1 system so there was no real  need  to  fix  this
yet.

Patches welcome.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when  you
get a prompt, type like hell.