Why my console output nothing

rick.liu dovi at eyou.com
Tue May 13 18:05:15 EST 2003

Hi all
      I am using ELDK to port linux to a simple MPC860T board. I use SMC1 to
connect to the serial port and as the console.But I can't go any further
because when i powerup,the console doesnot show any message.List my steps
here:
      1. edit ~/.kermrc as what was shown in <Denx ppcboot and linux
Guide(tqm8xxl)>.
      2. modify several line of  'TQM860L.h'.
      3. modify my UPM table and register OR1/BR1 to OR4/BR4(my sdram uses
cs4) in the file tqm8xx.c.
      4. bash>make distclean.
      5. bash>make TQM860L_config.
      7. bash>make all
      8. use a flash programmer to burn the u-boot.bin to my boot flash.
      9. bash>kermit -c
         Connecting to /dev/ttyS0, speed 115200
         Escape character:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :enabled
         Type xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to got back
         or xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx options
      10.power up,but nothing is output.

PS:my board info:MPC860T/SCC1 ETHERNET/SMC1 Serial/PCMCIA/CS0 FLASH 0/CS4
SDRAM

It's my first time to build a embedded linux project,wish u can help me out.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards!

--http://www.eyou.com
--Îȶ¨¿É¿¿µÄÃâ·Ñµç×ÓÐÅÏä  ÓïÒôÓʼþ  Òƶ¯ÊéÇ©  ÈÕÀú·þÎñ  ÍøÂç´æ´¢...ÒÚÓÊδ¾¡