Problems with MMU: address translation for 0xXXXXXXXX failed

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 13 17:55:18 EST 2003

In message <DEA23DB61B62D4118B5900508B323B84012CC7D1 at OPENMAIL> you wrote:

> I'm trying to get a BDI2000 (firmware v1.09) working in order to debug a
> kernel module.
> I'm using an Embedded Planet RPXlite MPC850 board running kernel v2.4.20
> Am I missing something obvious ? Is this the right way to go about debugging
> a loadable module ? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

There were a couple of changes  /  extensions  to  the  MMU  support.
Firmware version 1.09 is pretty old (Aug 2001). You might want to try
a  more  recent one. Also check the changes to the Linux kernel - the
use of the PTBASE parameter has changed; the BDI2000 now expects (and
the Linux kernel automatically updates) the  physical  address  which
holds  the  virtual  address  of  the  array  with the two page table
pointers.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Status quo. Latin for "the mess we're in."