Flash File System

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 04:27:09 EST 2003

Hi Jaap Jan,

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by 'works out
of the box with denx'? I see the code you referred to
but not sure how to use it. I still have some
concerns. Like,

1. How can i initially store the image into flash? My
flash chip is on the board.
2. How can i boot linux from flash?

3. Currently i have a 32MB SDRAM along with flash. I
have tools to download linux image into SDRAM. Even if
i go with MTD/JFFS, my concern is unless linux runs
flash can not be accessed and vice versa.

4. Lets say, i download linux into a safe place in
SDRAM, boot it and then access flash thru MTD/JFFS and
store linux image into flash. Even in this case, what
all i need to take care of for making my flash a boot
device.

Any detailed documentation is appreciated.

Thanks,
Prakash

mailto:jjboor at lucent.com